września 26, 2018

Review of "Up In Smoke" by T.M.Frazier




title: Up In Smoke
author: T.M.Frazier
release date: February 16th
lenght: 360 pages







Synopsis

A King Series Novel.
I’m a man without a conscience. 
I deal in murder and mayhem.
I’m the best at what I do. 
Frankie Helburn is supposed to be an easy job. 
A means to flush her father out of hiding.
Simple. 
Except there isn’t anything simple about Frankie or the secrets she’s keeping. 
She’s stubborn as hell and the sexiest god damn thing I have ever seen, sending dark, dirty animalistic desire coursing through my veins. 
She’s cocaine with legs. A f*cking addiction that makes me question things I’ve never questioned before. Want things I’ve never wanted before. 
I might have her, but she isn’t mine to keep. 
If her father doesn’t show his face, she will be mine. 
To KILL.



"Up in the Smoke" is the newest addition to the King series. Even thoughit’s part of Kings series, it’s a different story and could be read as stand alone (if someone does not read any of her books), however, they appear in the episodes involving the characters from previous books, encouraging thus to read them. There is even information in the book that has set me in total amazement and through which I have come back to read a series of Preppi.
T.M. Frazier has a way of surprising you and shoking her readers in unexpected ways. 
There won’t be light and romantic. Do you like the atmosphere of the dark and dangerous? I do not know whether you are, or not ready for it?

We meet Smoke, the main character, in a very tragic circumstances that drive and initiate the course of events. This man is a broad-shouldered physique, tattoos adorn a large part of his body, and the face has a characteristic scar. Smoke is ruthless and merciless killer, and you would think that even a heartless, but is that so? 
Revenge! It’s the main building block in history. It brings him to the girl, and he will use her to get his revenge.

Frankie Helburn hiding under the name of Sarah Jackson. She is a young woman of small stature colors of amber eyes. Since the beginning she is a mystery to me because she hides her own secrets and struggles with her "skeletons in the closet." 

"She's got cat colored eyes ............More like fire ... .."

Her life becomes even more complicated when under the trick, she’s kidnapped and from that moment she has to pay for her fathers sins.

From the beginning I knew what I had to face it. From the first page of the book, the author does not spare the reader the dark descriptions.
This world, where live King Bear Smoke is not idyllic .... But the author gives us more than just the criminal world. It gives us a fast-paced action with which the book is hard to put down for a moment, changing scenery and very accurate descriptions of the places where we can well imagine this dirty world. The book, despite the dark subject is full of humor, what I liked the most and grinning at it. The dialogues between the characters is varied and allow all take a deep breath and relax before the next wave of oncoming darkness. 

I really like Frankie and Smoke. Their relationship was built very carefully. 

Smoke only looked at women from the prospective of his needs. His world revolved around the "orders" and live no place for anyone. He was a lone wolf, a child who knows that he can rely only counts on himself. 

It is surprising how many things they have in common. I wasn’t expecting that, when I started to read this book. 
What I love about Frankie is that she’s very brave, clever and fresh, confronting his pursuers at every step. She’s a chatterbox, and trowing questions, which torments him, fall out of her mouth like bullets from a machine gun. 

"What are you doing?" I ask. 
"Do you always have to question everything?" He groans, adjusting and thick black ...... 
"What's this?" I ask. 
"I'll take that as a yes." Smoke says.

However their interaction creates thrill emotions in the reader, because they are like two charges that attract and repel at the same time. They both feel they going to lose the battle of feelings but none of them wants to give up.
During their journey new secrets are revealed and piece by piece the reader can discover the soul of the characters. With this book you simply cannot be bored.
It would be a great position for filming.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Copyright © 2016 Bookmarks by Jasmina , Blogger